Friday, July 24, 2009

Hedwig's Surprise Visit

An owl came to my house today. ^^
She flew into our balcony at around 12pm, and my mum heard her flapping her wings.
We did not dare to approach her at first, owls have sharp claws. And beaks.
But then we noticed she's hurt. She has these deep scratches on her face, and her beak is lopsided, almost hanging loose.
My mum gave her water, but she didn't touch it, probably because of her wounded beak. Its quite hot out on our balcony.
She has exactly the same eyes as my dog, round and black. Hurts to see her in pain. T_T
Then we got worried cause we phoned the vet and he said they don't treat owls. :/
So my mum started talking to Hedwig. Like, trying to find out what language she speaks, is she hurting etc.
Then at around 4pm, suddenly she just opened her wings and flew off. We were relieved since we thought she couldn't fly. She's still resting on a nearby tree last time I checked. I've started missing her already. :/

Click to enlarge pictures.
Oh well, hope her beak gets well soon. Bye Hedwig!!!
Hedwig hiding in a corner.
You can clearly see her wounds on her face.
She actually have pretty feathers. Look at her tail!!
Her beak is gone, and its quite a bloody mess around her mouth.

Cleaning her feathers I think.
We gave her water, but she didn't drink at all. T_T
The nearby tree I was talking about. You can still see her in the red square.

Bonus picture.
Our dog, Bubbly, as a lizard. My sis is currently filming Cicak Dog with Bubbly as the main role. She has the movie poster up on her blog. Check it out. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment